Since the “8 Facts About ‘X’ Event” is one of the most popular pre-fight articles here at Fight Cove, a fact-orientated post-fight article was recently introduced for your knowledge and pleasure.
UFC on FOX 4: Shogun vs. Vera down Saturday night in Los Angeles with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua finishing Brandon Vera by TKO in the main event and Lyoto Machida earning a light heavyweight title shot with a second-round knockout of Ryan Bader in the co-main event.
There were plenty of notable facts to come out of the event, so be sure to check them out below:
Following his knockout of Ryan Bader, Lyoto Machida will fight the winner of Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson at UFC 151 for the UFC light heavyweight championship.
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua earned his 18th (T)KO victory in his 21 career victories.
- All 5 of Mauricio “Shogun” Rua’s UFC wins have been by way of (T)KO.
- Brandon Vera’s 19 minute and nine second fight against Mauricio “Shogun” Rua was the longest bout of his career.
- Brazilian fighters went 3-0 with no contest on the UFC on FOX 4 fight card.
- According to FightMetric, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua landed 142 out of 184 total strikes against Brandon Vera (66%). Vera connected with 89 of 132 total strikes (63%).
- All five of Nam Phan’s UFC fights have gone to a decision.
- Of the 12 main card UFC fights to air on FOX, six have ended by (T)KO, four by decision and two by submission.
- With the loss to Manny Gamburyan, Michihiro Omigawa’s UFC record drops to 1-6.
- Brandon Vera is 1-3 with one no contest in his last five fights.
- After four of his five UFC wins coming by decision, four of Lyoto Machida’s five UFC victories are by knockout.
- Ryan Bader was knocked out for the first time in his career.
- Phil Davis and Wagner Prado will likely compete in a rematch at UFC on FX 5 on Oct. 5 following their no contest at UFC on FOX 4.
- Manny Gamburyan earned his first UFC victory since April 2008 against Michihrio Omigawa
- Brandon Vera has never won a main event fight in the UFC.
- Mike Swick won for the first time since June 6, 2009.
- Fifteen of the 17 victories in the career of Rani Yahya are by submission.
- In nine career UFC fights, DaMarques Johnson has never fought to a decision.
- Eight of 10 fights on the UFC on FOX 4 fight card ended inside the distance (four (T)KO’s, three submissions, one no contest).
- Cole Miller is 0-2 since dropping to the UFC featherweight division in March 2012.
- Joe Lauzon has earned $465k in post-fight bonuses in his UFC career. His ‘Fight of the Night’ and ‘Submission of the Night’ bonuses at UFC on FOX 4 were the tenth and eleventh of his career.
- Joe Lauzon has won post-fight bonuses in seven of his last eight UFC fights.