Since the “8 Facts About ‘X’ Event” is one of the most popular pre-fight articles here at Fight Cove, a fact-orientated post-fight article was recently introduced for your knowledge and pleasure.
UFC 150: Henderson vs. Edgar II down Saturday night in Denver with Benson Henderson defeating Frankie Edgar by split decision in the main event. Donald Cerrone knocked out Melvin Gullard in 76-seconds in the co-main event of the evening.
There were plenty of notable facts to come out of the event, so be sure to check them out below:
- Donald Cerrone has won a post-fight bonus in five of his seven UFC fights.
- Melvin Guillard was knocked out for the first time in 44 professional fights.
- Erik Perez’ 17-second knockout of Ken Stone was the fastest knockout in UFC or WEC bantamweight history.
- FightMetric scored the Benson Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar bout a 48-48 draw.
- Benson Henderson will make his second lightweight title defence against Nate Diaz before the end of 2012.
- According to FightMetric, Frankie Edgar outlanded Benson Henderson 70 to 65 in total strikes.
- All three of Frankie Edgar’s losses are by decision.
- Nik Lentz was victorious in his UFC featherweight debut.
- Frankie Edgar lost two-straight fights for the first time in his career.
- Donald Cerrone vs. Melvin Guillard is the fastest fight in UFC history to ever win ‘Fight of the Night’ bonus at 76-seconds.
- Frankie Edgar has spent more time in the octagon than any lightweight in UFC history.
- Donald Cerrone will fight Anthony Pettis following his victory at UFC 150.
- Benson Henderson has gone to a decision in six-straight fights, five of which has taken place in the UFC.
- Yushin Okami won a fight for the first time since Nov. 2010.
- Judges Mark Van Tine and Dave Hagan gave rounds 1, 3, 4 of the main event to Benson Henderson. Judge Tony Weeks gave rounds 2, 3, 4, 5 to Frankie Edgar.
- Donald Cerrone won a total of $120,000 in post-fight bonuses for ‘Fight of the Night’ and ‘Knockout of the Night’.