Since the “8 Facts About ‘X’ Event” is one of the most popular pre-fight articles here at Fight Cove, the decision has been made to bring in fact-orientated post-fight article for your knowledge and pleasure. “UFC 147: Silva vs. Franklin II” went down last Saturday night from Belo Horizonte, Brazil, and Rich Franklin defeated Wanderlei Silva for the second time via unanimous decision in the main event of the evening.
There were plenty of notable facts to come out of the event, so be sure to check them out below.
- UFC 147 marked the second 5-round fight in the 48-fight career of Wanderlei Silva. His first was against Tito Ortiz at UFC 25 on Apr. 15, 2000.
- Rich Franklin is the only man to ever defeat Wanderlei Silva twice. Silva has fought six different opponents more than one time
- Fabricio Werdum earned his first TKO victory since defeating Brandon Vera at UFC 85 on June 7, 2008
- Rony “Jason” Mariano Bezerra and Cezar Ferreira are the 23rd and 24th winners of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show
- Of the 24 “TUF” winners, Rony “Jason” Mariano Bezerra and Cezar Ferreira were the ninth and tenth fighters to win their finale bout via decision
- The 16,643 attendance mark for UFC 147 is the second highest of 2012 behind “UFC on FOX 2: Evans vs. Davis”, it also set an MMA attendance record for the country of Brazil
- Rich Franklin and Wanderlei Silva have earned $125,000 in post-fight bonuses in their two bouts against each other
- Rich Franklin has still never lost two-consecutive fights
- Fabricio Werdum’s only losses in the last 5-years were to Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem
- Mike Russow was finished by strikes for the first time in his 18-fight MMA career
- Nine of the 11 winners on the card earned their first UFC victory