Since the “8 Facts About ‘X’ Event” is one of the most popular pre-fight articles here at Fight Cove, a fact-orientated post-fight article was recently introduced for your knowledge and pleasure.
Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman down Saturday night in San Diego with Ronda Rousey defeating Sarah Kaufman by first-round submission in the main event. Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza knocked out Derek Brunson in 41-seconds in the co-main event of the evening.
There were plenty of notable facts to come out of the event, so be sure to check them out below.
- Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza earned the first knockout win of his 19-fight professional career
- Derek Brunson was knocked out for the first time in his 11-fight professional career.
- Roger Bowling was 0-7 on takedowns in his loss to Tarec Saffiedine.
- Tarec Saffiedine is 6-1 in Strikeforce.
- Both of Sarah Kaufman’s professional losses are by armbar submission
- Ronda Rousey has six first round submission wins, all by armbar.
- Ronda Rousey’s 54-second win over Sarah Kaufman was the second longest fight of her professional career.
- The main event and co-main event bouts lasted a total of 95-seconds.
- In 25 professional fights, Anthony Smith has never gone to a decision.
- After opening his career with a 9-0 record, Derek Brunson has lost two-straight fights.
- Seven of the 10 fights on the card ended by knockout or submission.