In just a few weeks at UFC 152, the UFC light heavyweight championship will be up for grabs once again as reigning champ Jon “Bones” Jones will attempt to defend his title against former 205-pound title holder Vitor “The Phenom” Belfort.
Belfort has competed in the middleweight division for the last five years but moves back up to light heavyweight in attempt to dethrone the champion. Jones has been instilled as over a 13-1 favorite against Belfort, which proves the oddsmakers are giving the challenger very little chance at winning.
With the bookies counting Belfort out, we turned to the fans for this week’s Fight Cove poll to see what they think of the match up. The question “Does Vitor Belfort Stand A Chance Of Beating Jon Jones At UFC 152?” was answered by 120 readers and the result.
With Belfort’s combination of speed and power, 54% of the voters felt the Brazilian has what it takes to defeat Jones. On the other side of the equation, 46% of the voters feel Jones will add Belfort to the list of former champions on his resume.
To vote on our new poll question, “Which September MMA Event Do You Want To Watch Most?” simply look on the right side of your Internet browser.