If you have been living under a rock and happened to miss any of them, here are the top headlines from September 10th – September 16th.
- UFC 153 was obliterated when Jose Aldo pulled out of his main event fight against Erik Koch due to a foot injury and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson withdrew from the co-main event against Glover Teixeira with an elbow injury.
- Anderson Silva stepped up on short notice and will face Stephan Bonnar in the new main event of UFC 153 on Oct. 13.
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira meets Dave Herman in the co-main event of UFC 153.
- Also on the main card of UFC 153, Fabio Maldonado fills in for Quinton “Rampage” Jackson to take on Glover Teixeira.
- Mac Danzig appeared on “The Joe Rogan Experience” podcast with UFC color-commentator Joe Rogan.
- The UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort pre-fight media conference call went down on Tuesday with Dana White, Jon Jones, Vitor Belort, Demetrious Johnson and Joseph Benavidez all participating.
- A viral video for UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort surfaced titled “The Phone Call”. Watch it here.
- UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva said he would like to fight professionally for six more years.
- UFC president Dana White said instant replay “makes sense” for mixed martial arts.
- “The Ultimate Fighter 16″ debuted Friday night with 32 fighters competing to get into the house. To see which 16 men advanced into the “TUF” house, read The Ultimate Fighter 16: Episode 1 Quick Results.
- As usual, ZUFFA officials unveiled a slew of fight announcements for future events over the past week. For the latest on all upcoming UFC and Strikeforce cards, check the rumors section.
This article was written by Mike Bohn, founder and lead writer of FightCove.com. You can follow Mike on Twitter at @MikeBohnMMA. Also, be sure to follow @FightCove on Twitter and “Like” Fight Cove on Facebook.