As usual with any UFC fight week, there was plenty of news going into and coming out of the event that have mixed martial arts fans talking.
If you have been living under a rock and happened to miss any of them, here are the top headlines from July 16th – July 22nd.
- UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao went down last Saturday night from the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Renan Barao won the interim UFC bantamweight championship in the main event when he defeated Urijah Faber by unanimous decision. Other main card winners included Tim Boetsch, Cheick Kongo, James Head and Matt Riddle. Click the link for complete UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao Event Results.
- To hear from the all 11 of the UFC 149 winners, watch the UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao Post-Fight Interviews & Media Scrums.
- UFC president Dana White shared his thoughts on UFC 149 following the event. Watch the Dana White UFC 149 Post-Fight Media Scrum.
- Michael Bisping said the UFC informed him that he will get a middleweight title title shot if he beats Brian Stann at UFC 152.
- An inability to secure a venue caused the UFC to shift the date and location of UFC on FX 5, which was scheduled for Sept. 7 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The UFC is planning an event for Seattle, WA., sometime in late 2012.
- As usual, ZUFFA officials unveiled a slew of fight announcements for future events over the past week. For the latest on all upcoming UFC and Strikeforce cards, check the rumors section.
This article was written by Mike Bohn, founder and lead writer of FightCove.com. You can follow Mike on Twitter at @FightCoveMike. Also, be sure to follow @FightCove on Twitter and “Like” Fight Cove on Facebook.