As usual with any UFC fight week, there was plenty of news going into and coming out of the event that have mixed martial arts fans talking.
If you have been living under a rock and happened to miss any of them, here are the top headlines from August 6th – August 13th.
- UFC 150: Henderson vs. Edgar II went down last Saturday night from the Pepsi Center in Denver, CO. Benson Henderson defended his lightweight championship against Frankie Edgar in a split decision. Other main card winners included Donald Cerrone, Jake Shields, Yushin Okami and Max Holloway. Click the link for complete UFC 150: Henderson vs. Edgar II Event Results.
- To hear from most of the UFC 150 winners, watch the UFC 150: Henderson vs. Edgar II Post-Fight Interviews.
- UFC president Dana White shared his thoughts on the UFC 150 fight card as well as a number of other topics following the event. Watch the Dana White UFC 150 Post-Fight Media Scrum.
- UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones signed a multi-year worldwide endorsement deal with Nike.
- Junior dos Santos will make his second heavyweight title defence against Cain Velasquez on Dec. 29 in Las Vegas.
- An amateur MMA fighter named Tyron Mimms died following a bout in South Carolina over the weekend.
- UFC president Dana White further explained why he wants former UFC championship Matt Hughes and Forrest Griffin to retire from MMA.
- As usual, ZUFFA officials unveiled a slew of fight announcements for future events over the past week. For the latest on all upcoming UFC and Strikeforce cards, check the rumors section.
This article was written by Mike Bohn, founder and lead writer of FightCove.com. You can follow Mike on Twitter at @FightCoveMike. Also, be sure to follow @FightCove on Twitter and “Like” Fight Cove on Facebook.